What are the steps to adopting?
1) Come in, meet our animals and speak to a Shelter Staff member.
2) Choose an animal.
3) Fill out an adoption application form.
You will need to provide two references and the name of your veterinarian. If you are renting your housing, please bring contact information for your landlord.
4) Complete an interview.
An interview is completed to ensure that the animal you have chosen is the right one for you, and that you are the perfect owner for the animal. Our goal is to find our animals loving, forever homes, so we want to ensure that it is the right fit for both parties.
5) You will be contacted and notified if your application was successful.
If you are successful, a pick-up time will be arranged during our open hours of 12-4pm (open daily). At this appointment, you will be required to complete the adoption contract, review it with a Shelter Staff member and pay the adoption fee.
If you are unsuccessful, you will be notified and a reason will be provided.
Please note that is is possible to have multiple applications on an animal. In these circumstances, our Shelter Staff will select who they feel is the best fit for the animal.
Included In Your Adoption
Included in your adoption fee:
- Animal Care items:
- Flea and Worm Treatment
- Up-to-date vaccinations (for kittens and puppies, their first vaccination)
Six Weeks Of Pet Insurance
Important information to note about your Six Free Weeks of Pet Insurance:
- Upon completion of your adoption, you will receive an email within 24 hrs from the insurance company. You MUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE EMAIL TO ACTIVATE the six weeks of free insurance. If you do not get this email, please contact GTHS right away. Activation on your end must be completed within 72 hours from adoption time.
- Coverage of the insurance begins 2 days POST when the insurance was activated via email.
- The coverage of the insurance is very specific. When the insurance is activated you will see a list of what is covered. You will also find this information in your adopter letter.
- Foreign body
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Insect bites/stings
- Defined poison ingestion
- Bone fracture
- Ear/eye illnesses
- Flea allergy dermatitis
- Intestinal parasites
- Parvovirus/Feline Panleukopenia
- Tick Borne Diseases
- Heartworm Diseases